Here's another way to tell which manufacturers are better than others. Each year the RV dealers select which manufacturers they think are the best at least in part due to reliability and quality.
The Recreation Vehicle Dealer Association (RVDA) will honor RV brands built by 15 manufacturers with its Quality Circle Award in Louisville, just prior to the opening of the National RV Trade Show. These brands/manufacturers/product categories received at least 15 dealer responses and scored 4.25 or above on a 5-point scale in overall dealer satisfaction in the association’s 23rd Annual Dealer Satisfaction Index (DSI) survey.
“The DSI Quality Circle Award recognizes the high level of success these manufacturers have had in working with their dealer business partners,” said RVDA Chairman of the Board Darrel Friesen of All Seasons RV Center in Yuba City, CA. “Their commitment to continuously improving products and services ultimately helps dealers serve customers better and preserves our industry’s share of consumers’ discretionary dollars.”
The towable RV manufacturers/brands receiving awards are (in alphabetical order by manufacturer):
- Coachmen (Apex Travel Trailers, Brookstone/Chaparral Fifth Wheels and Freedom Express Travel Trailers)
- DRV (Mobile Suites, Elite Suites/Full House)
- Forest River (XLR)
- Grand Design (Imagine, Momentum, Reflection, Solitude)
- Gulf Stream (Vintage Cruiser/Vista Cruiser)
- Heartland (North Trail/Wilderness)
- Keystone (Fuzion/Impact, Montana/High Country, Springdale/Summerland/Residence)
- KZ (Durango/Durango Gold/Venom, Spree/Spree Connect/Spree Escape/MXT/Vision)
- Lance (Travel Trailers/Toy Haulers, Truck Campers)
- Venture (SportTrek/Sonic)
The motorized RV manufacturers/product categories receiving awards are (in alphabetical order):
- Leisure Travel Vans/Triple E
The 23rd Annual DSI survey was conducted between August and October 2016. Four hundred and eighty-one (481) dealers responded to the survey this year and provided 2,755 brand ratings, an average of almost six per dealer.