Volunteers will learn how to find and remove garlic mustard from critical dune along Lake Michigan before seed begins to fall. Activities at Fort Custer Recreation Area will support seed collection of native prairie species.
Workday dates, locations (counties) and times include:
- Wednesday, June 10: Fort Custer Recreation Area (Kalamazoo), 10 a.m.-noon
- Saturday, June 13: Warren Dunes State Park (Berrien), 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Sunday, June 14: P.J. Hoffmaster State Park (Muskegon), 1-4 p.m
- Wednesday, June 17: Holland State Park (Ottawa), 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Saturday, June 20: Saugatuck Dunes State Park (Allegan), 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 23: Fort Custer Recreation Area (Kalamazoo), 10 a.m.-noon
- Saturday, June 27: Warren Dunes State Park (Berrien), 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Sunday, June 28: Muskegon State Park (Muskegon), 1-4 p.m
For more details on DNR Volunteer Steward activities, including meeting locations and activity descriptions, please visit www.michigan.gov/dnrvolunteers and click on the link for the Calendar of Volunteer Steward Workdays.
Equipment will be provided but volunteers should wear appropriate clothing for outdoor work (including long pants and sturdy, closed-toe shoes) and bring gloves and drinking water. All volunteers are asked to register using the form available on the DNR website or via email. Any questions should be directed to Heidi Frei at 517-202-1360 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
On stewardship workdays, volunteers can enter Michigan state parks without a Recreation Passport.