Helpful RV-specific road warnings inform drivers of bridge heights, weight limits and sharp curves, while custom routing (1, see footnotes below) takes into account the size and weight of an RV or towable trailer to prepare the most convenient route for a driver’s journey. The RV 660LMT also boasts a comprehensive directory of RV parks and services that allow owners to easily find campgrounds and service locations, which can be filtered based on preferred amenities like onsite water and Internet access.
“The new RV 660LMT offers a dedicated solution for customers focused on specific RV-friendly features,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin vice president of worldwide sales. “Thanks to its versatility, custom routing, and helpful road warnings, the RV 660LMT is also ideal for drivers pulling towable trailers – so whether you’re in an RV, pulling a trailer, or behind the wheel of a day-to-day vehicle, the RV 660LMT makes the freedom of the open road easier than ever to access.”
Safety and convenience play an important role in the feature set of the RV 660LMT. The new Elevation Profile displays possible steep grades along a route for drivers to exercise caution. Voice-activated navigation allows customers to speak commands to the device while keeping their hands on the wheel, and Bluetooth technology for hands-free calling (2) is also offered to reinforce safe-driving behavior. The RV 660LMT is equipped with spoken Garmin Real Directions to guide drivers like a friend, using landmarks and traffic lights.
Additional features designed to simplify the journey on the open road include:
- Easy Route Shaping, which allows RV users to change their routes to include preferred roads or cities just by touching the screen;
- Up Ahead feature that displays a constant stream of nearby places like fuel services, rest areas and campsites alongside the map;
- Bird’s Eye and photoReal Junction View helps drivers navigate interchanges with ease;
- Active Lane Guidance shows a live-action model on the display indicating the proper lane needed for a route.
Customers can easily download the free Smartphone Link (3) app to subscribe to real-time services such as live weather radar to know what’s ahead on a route. Drivers can also take advantage of pre-loaded Foursquare data on the RV 660LMT, which adds millions of new and popular points of interest like restaurants, shops and more. Bundled with detailed maps of North America, free lifetime traffic (4) and map updates (5), the RV 660LMT is designed to support the unique demands of customers living an RV lifestyle.
Helpful features include school zone warnings, current street name, current speed and speed limit information, to help drivers know exactly what type of street is being navigated at all times. In addition, the RV 660LMT is compatible with the Garmin BC 30 Wireless Backup Camera (sold separately) that allows drivers to easily see behind the RV while in reverse.
The Garmin RV 660LMT is expected to be available this month with a suggested retail price of $329.99. For more information, visit www.garmin.com.
(1) Not available in all areas. Entering your RV or trailer profile characteristics does not guarantee your RV’s characteristics will be accounted for in all route suggestions. Always defer to all posted road signs and road conditions.
(2) Requires Bluetooth-enabled smartphone (sold separately).
(3) User’s data plan charges, if any, will apply. Contact your mobile service provider for more information about your service plan’s data and roaming rates. Subscription may be required.
(4) Lifetime traffic extends for the useful life of your Garmin traffic receiver or as long as Garmin receives traffic data from its traffic supplier, whichever is shorter. A traffic receiver’s “useful life” means the period during which the receiver (a) has the required technical capabilities to utilize current traffic data service and (b) is capable of operating as intended without major repairs. Traffic content not available in all areas.
(5) Lifetime Maps entitle you to receive map updates when and as such updates are made available by Garmin during the useful life of 1 compatible Garmin product or as long as Garmin receives map data from a third party supplier, whichever is shorter. For the meaning of a product’s “useful life” and for other important terms and conditions, please see Garmin.com/LM