VIDEO: Neutralize trailer sway with the Equal-i-zer



I have two personal experiences where, if not for my sway control system, I'm sure my family and I would have been in a serious accident.

The first occurred the very first time we went camping, which is many years ago now. We were on our way to Maumee Bay State Park when inclement weather raced in from the west. Winds were strong enough that the same weather cell produced tornadoes after it had passed through our area. We were driving south on I-280 and about to cross the Maumee River in downtown Toledo when the storm hit. I can honestly tell you that there was little to no sway at all. Perhaps we were blocked by a passing semi, or we were still concealed by bridge embankments, but it wasn't until much later that evening were we told how dangerous the storm was.

The second time happened only two summers ago. While driving on U.S. 23, just south of Ann Arbor, one of our wheels fell off when the lug bolts sheered the rim. (Read the post about it.) I remember only feeling a tug, and no one else in the TrailBlazer felt anything. We were fortunate that my Uncle Ed had advised us to buy a tandem axle trailer for just such an emergency, because the one remaining wheel on the driver's side was able to carry the weight of the trailer. But I also have to thank our sway control system for helping keeping us under control during the ordeal.

Our system? The Equal-i-zer. I will never own another trailer without one.

That was my long introduction to a 3:50 video about installing an Equal-i-zer from my favorite RV expert, Mark Polk of RV Education 101.

Here's what Mark had to say about his video:
In this informative RV how to video Mark Polk with RV Education 101 http://rveducation101.com/ demonstrates the how to install an Equalizer 4-point sway control hitch. Equalizer's integrated sway control hitch let's you enjoy the journey. http://www.equalizerhitch.com/