The two dates planned in the Lower Peninsula in 2011 are:
June 11 - “Tips-up for the Troops” at Kensington Metropark and “Accessibility Demo Days.” This event will focus on all areas of recreation and accessible equipment. Contact Rick Briggs at 810-229-5880 or firstname.lastname@example.org for specifics on the event. To sponsor this event or register as a vendor, contact Daryl Domke at 616-363-2140 or email@example.com. Vendor registration deadline is Tuesday, June 1, 2011. Everyone (including vendors and sponsor) will need to pay the entrance fees at Kensington Metropark ($5 day pass).
Sept. 10 - “DNR Accessibility Demo Day” at the Michigan State University, Demmer Center, East Lansing, MI, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. This event will focus on all areas of recreation and accessible equipment. For more information or to sponsor this event or register as a vendor, contact Daryl Domke at 616-363-2140 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Vendor registration deadline is Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2011. Vendors will need to pay the $35 vendor fee to the Demmer Center and complete the Demmer Center vendor application.
- Mobility assistive devices for recreation, hunting and fishing; 4 wheel-drive wheelchairs and ATV side by side
- Hand-cycling and biking
- Shooting technology
- Crossbows, modified bows and compound bows (All bows must comply with DNR regulations.)
- Adaptive fishing equipment
- Accessible hunting blinds
- Skiing – water and snow
- Pickup truck and van conversions
- Other adaptive equipment for outdoor recreation