The Michigan Department of Natural Resources invites you to "make an adventure resolution this year." Check YES for your Recreation Passport, then pick your top 10 outdoor destinations to visit.
Michigan state parks, the Iron Belle Trail, the more than 12,500 miles of state-designated trails – wherever you’re going, just shoes, get outside and snap a selfie. Share your resolution on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram by using #MiShoeYear.
The following Shoe Year's guided hikes will be taking place:
- Maybury State Park Dec. 31 (10 a.m.)
- Island Lake Recreation Area Jan. 1 (1 p.m.)
- Waterloo Recreation Area Jan. 1 (11 a.m.)
- Yankee Springs Recreation Area Jan. 1 (1 p.m.)
- Ludington State Park Jan. 7 (6 p.m.)
- Rockport Recreation Area Jan. 7 (noon)
- Sleeper State Park Jan. 7 (6 p.m.)
- Straits State Park Jan. 7 (5 p.m.)
- Mitchell State Park Jan. 8 (1 p.m.)