Austin Adventures introduces Peak Luxury and Iconic Adventures in Colorado with Five-Star Hosts and Exclusive Experiences
Hitting the peaks while experiencing the stars may be the best way to describe Austin Adventures’ new-for-2016 Colorado 5-Star Wilderness Adventure, a six-day/five-night immersion in what this company does best – making sure the ‘wows’ are liberally stirred into the vacation feast.
Family-focused trip departures are June 26 and Aug. 7, 2016, and run from $5,698 per person double ($1,680 single supplement) and $5,128 per child. Please see:
Xanterra Parks & Resorts® that opens doors at the legendary Broadmoor Resort, as well as at Cloud Camp on Cheyenne Mountain and at The Ranch at Emerald Valley in Pike National Forest. Top dining and accommodation stars are a given on this luxury wilderness adventure.
“This trip concept started when I was a guest at The Broadmoor in 2014. We simply fell in love with the resort and its wilderness properties. Right then and there I decided that we had to put a program together with them as a partner,” said Dan Austin, President of Austin Adventures (http://www.austinadventures.com/). “Our guests have always told us our multi-sport adventures are five-star, and now we’re putting the icing on the cake by adding the cuisine and service that only truly great hosts like The Broadmoor can provide.”
- Trek by lantern-light deep into Manitou Grand Caverns at Cave of the Winds
- Hike 5.5-miles downhill from Cloud Camp on the McNeil Trail descending into a forest of ponderosa pine, spruce, fir, and birch trees, connecting with an old stage road that leads to The Ranch at Emerald Valley.
- Ride horseback through this valley, absorbing eye-popping views of Pikes Peak, and an endless sprawl of aspen and conifers.
- Fly fish for pan-size trout from the lawn of your lakeside cabin.
- Enjoy a 4-mile round trip trek up Grayback Mountain for outstanding views, then soak in a cedar-lined hot tub while snacking on peach-filled donut holes (a ranch favorite).
- Zipline from an elevation of 7,500 feet for an aerial perspective of Seven Falls which flow through a spectacular 1,400-foot-walled box canyon.
- Ride the world’s highest cog railroad to the 14,115-foot summit of Pike’s Peak; then mountain bike down while a van blocks traffic behind giving access to the full right lane.
- Be ready to be pampered during a free afternoon at The Broadmoor. Play some golf, sit by the pool, visit the spa or just relax before a five-star/five-diamond dinner experience (Colorado’s only) in the Penrose Room.
Based in Billings, MT, Austin Adventures (formerly Austin-Lehman Adventures) has spent more than 40 years building an international reputation as a provider of scheduled small group tours and customized trips to all seven continents. In 2013, Austin Adventures joined the Xanterra Parks & Resorts® portfolio of experiential leisure offerings that includes operations in Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Zion, Crater Lake, Glacier, Rocky Mountainand Petrified Forest National Parks; Mount Rushmore National Memorial; Furnace Creek Resort in Death Valley National Park; and five Ohio State Park Lodgesas well as the Geneva Marina at Ohio’s Geneva State Park. Xanterra Parks & Resorts also owns and operates Kingsmill Resort in Williamsburg, Va., the Grand Canyon Railway and Hotel in Williams, Ariz., the Grand Hotel in Tusayan, Ariz., Windstar Cruises, VBT Bicycling and Walking Vacations, Country Walkers and Austin Adventures.