RentMyAirstream.com opens for business

Carol Whynott contacted me recently about a new venture she started called RentMyAistream.com. As the name suggests, the business offers a 1971 Airstream for rent in northern Michigan and the Upper Peninsula. The travel trailer is stunning, and she tells me she has plans to refurblish a second Airstream and rent it out as well.

Tell me about Rent My Airstream. How does it work? 
Rent My Airstream is a great way to rent our fully restored 1971 Airstream for nearly any event. We offer drop off and pick up to nearly any location in Northern Michigan and the reservation process is as easy as filling out the “contact us” form on our website, www.rentmyairstream.com.

What if I don't have a tow vehicle? 
No problem! We offer drop off and pick up to the location that you are camping.

Where can I go camping? 
Anywhere in Michigan west of 131. Please visit our Destinations page for suggestions on some great locations! www.rentmyairstream.com/destinations

What do I need to bring?
We suggest bringing:
  • All personal items, including clothes and toiletries 
  • Food and snacks (portable grill, microwave, glassware, silverware, and napkins are all provided) 
  • Camping gear, if desired 

What led you to starting the business?
I was looking for a fun outlet to take my mind off my stressful full time job.  My father sold his Cessna airplane after having kids and bought a trailer which he keep all summer long at Pioneer Park in Muskegon in the summer.  He worked at Oldsmobile in Lansing so he left the trailer at the park for the season and we drove to it on the weekends.  After selling the trailer he bought a boat and kept it on Lake Macatawa.  I have very fond memories of camping with my dad along Lake Michigan.  We are so lucky to have wonderful State and National Parks in Michigan.

How can people learn more information?
Visit our website at http://rentmyairstream.com/