A recent Motorhome Madness post caught my attention. It hinted at a new RVing website -- which, quite honestly, are all too often a dime a dozen. However, this particular website, www.bestoftheroad.com, has two heavy hitters behind it: Rand McNally and USA Today. The website is not exclusive to RVers, but there significant portions dedicated to the RVing community.
Plus, the website is hosting a contest for RV stories. Submit your best stories and get votes to win within the 6 categories below:
- Oops! Bloopers & video outtakes: Funny mistakes, accidents and mishaps on the road
- Pay it Forward: Heartfelt stories of people helping people and random acts of kindness
- Pet Stories: The funniest, most heartwarming, and unique stories, photos and videos about your furry friends
- Outdoor epiphanies: The ah-ha moments that drive your camping lifestyle, the amazing wildlife, the scenic places that inspired you
- Camping with kids: Pint-and quart-size humor and original stories about camping with kids & grandkids
- Head turning RV mods & upgrades: RV modifications, decorating, and tricked out RV photos & videos
This is really just a high-in-the-sky overview of BestoftheRoad.com. Check the website out for yourself, watch the video above or simply read the information below. It's a copy-and-paste directly from BestoftheRoad.com.
What is Best of the Road?
Rand McNally and USA TODAY have teamed up to create a community of road travelers reviewing the best stops on America’s highways and byways, from small towns to the points of interest in and between them–the Best of the Road. Access user photos and reviews, regional and themed road trips, and blogs featuring travel tips and news, U.S. destinations, and stories from the road.
Explore locals’ favorite spots, recommendations from fellow travelers, and editors’ picks while planning your next road trip. Then share photos and reviews of your favorite destinations and stops along the way to inspire other travelers. Our town and point of interest profiles provide inspiration for RVers, motorcyclists, and families on the road whether for long trips or weekend getaways—and traveler photos and reviews enhance these pages with real experiences.
Every year Rand McNally and USA TODAY collect votes for the small towns you think we should visit. We then send amateur travelers across the country exploring the Best Small Towns in America naming the Most Beautiful, Most Patriotic, Friendliest, Most Fun, and Best Small Town for Food with blogs, photos, reviews and videos to take you on the journey from wherever you are.
Review your favorite towns and places year round to get them on the map as the Best of the Road.
How can you get involved?
Best of the Road users are looking for the most unique and inspiring road trip stops across America. Here’s how you can give and gain inspiration:
- READ reviews and blogs for travel tips, popular places, local insight, and traveler favorites.
- WRITE about your favorite towns and places and UPLOAD photos from your travels
- FOLLOW the annual Road Rally on our blog, facebook, and twitter
- GET THE FREE APP on your iPhone to view road trips, videos and reviews from wherever you are.
- EMBARK on scenic, regional, and themed Road Trips
- SHARE your experiences on Best of the Road and social media to grow the community