The folks at National Geographic have come out with a handful of new travel products specific to the Great Lakes region that would make a perfect companion for any Great Lakes RVer, including State Recreation Atlases for Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin. A preview of the Wisconsin State Recreation Atlas is above.
State Recreation Atlases
Each of the new National Geographic State Recreation Atlases is an ideal recreation resource and contains accurate, detailed topographic maps with private and public land boundaries, a complete road network, valuable recreation information and extensive cross-referenced lists and charts for campgrounds, lakes, parks, attractions and more. State Game Management Unit maps and fish species lists will appeal to the sportsman while detailed primary road networks will be of great interest to motorcyclists, RVers, and those simply touring the state.
- Detailed topographic maps with shaded relief for the entire state.
- 1:175,000 (scales vary by state)
- Each labeled feature is up-to-date and verified by satellite image
- Comprehensive, easy-to-read road network
- Boundaries for parks and federal lands
- Clearly-labeled lakes, rivers and streams
- Durable laminated cover
- Size 11”x15”
- Robust travel and recreation information
- Cross-referenced chart of fishing areas with species information
- Game management units
- Campgrounds and attraction charts
- State Parks maps and facilities
- Hiking, golfing, skiing and paddling destinations
- Climate information
With over 165 titles available for America’s favorite outdoor destinations, National Geographic Trails Illustrated maps are the most trusted and popular recreation maps available. Continually setting the standard for accuracy, each map is crafted in conjunction with local land managers, and undergoes rigorous review and enhancement before being printed on waterproof, tear-resistant material.
Each Trails Illustrated map contains detailed topographic information, clearly marked and named trails, recreational points of interest, and navigational aids. National Park series maps contain useful details for planning your visit. State series titles cover popular recreation areas, ideal for done-in-a-day activities.
For example, the National Geographic Trails Illustrated map of Michigan's Manistee National Forest (North) is a two-sided, waterproof map designed to meet the needs of outdoor enthusiasts with unmatched durability and detail. This map was created in conjunction with local land management agencies and is loaded with valuable recreation information.
Trails Illustrated Maps specific to the Great Lakes region include:
- IN - Hoosier National Forest
- MN - Voyageurs National Park
- MN - Boundary Waters Wilderness Canoe Area (East), Superior National Forest
- MN - Boundary Waters Wilderness Canoe Area (West), Superior National Forest
- MI - Isle Royale National Park
- MI - Huron National Forest
- MI - Manistee National Forest (North)
- MI - Manistee National Forest (South)
- NY - Lake Placid / High Peaks, Adirondack Park
- NY - Lake George / Great Sacandaga Lake, Adirondack Park
- NY - Northville / Raquette Lake, Adirondack Park
- NY - Old Forge / Oswegatchie, Adirondack Park
- NY - Paul Smiths / Saranac, Adirondack Park
- NY - Catskill Park
- NY - Harriman & Bear Mountain State Parks
National Geographic’s Door Peninsula Destination Map strikes the perfect balance between map and guidebook and is an ideal resource for touring this culturally and geographically unique region of eastern Wisconsin.