|Lake Michigan beach at Frankfort (Travel Michigan photo)|
The Benzie, Michigan County Visitors Bureau – located in the heart of Northwest Michigan’s Lower Peninsula and with nearly 30 miles of Lake Michigan Shoreline along The Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore – is offering a fun vacation getaway package called "Passport to Fun" for Summer 2012.
“Passport to Fun” includes over $175 worth of free activities, food and gift items from various restaurants and businesses throughout the county for visitors who stay two or more consecutive nights at one of the 26 participating Benzie County lodging locations.
The “Passport to Fun” started May 11 and runs through Oct. 31, 2012. Visitors coming for a getaway to Benzie County are invited to view www.visitbenzie.com to sign up for the promotion online.
Here’s how the “Passport to Fun” Works:
A visitor makes a reservation at any participating lodging establishments (2 consecutive nights minimum stay), then registers online for their “Passport to Fun” certificate at www.visitbenzie.com. Passport certificates can then be redeemed, after the visitor checks in at their respective lodging location, by visiting the Benzie County Visitors Bureau located on US 31 in Benzonia at the beginning of the stay.
Benzie County’s 2012 Passport to Fun Package includes:
- Free Tote Bag from the Benzie County Visitors Bureau
- Free Slice of Cherry Pie from The Cherry Hut
- Free Root Beer Float from Frankfort A&W
- Free Breadsticks from A. Papano’s Pizza (2 locations to choose from)
- Free 2 Note Cards from State of the Art Framing & Gallery
- Free 2 Whitefish Tacos from Port City Smokehouse
- Free Handmade Donut and Coffee from Crescent Bakery
- Free Large Popcorn with purchase from The Garden Theater
- Free Small 12 pack of gift cards of original block prints from Gwen Frostic Prints
- Free Order of Homemade Fries with purchase from Geno’s Sports Bar & Grill
- Free Spinach Artichoke Dip with purchase from Laughing Horse Restaurant & Saloon
- Buy one, Get on Free Tour of Point Betsie Lighthouse
- Buy one, Get one Ice Cream Cone from Hill Top Soda Shoppe
- Buy one, Get one Ride on the Crystal Coaster at Crystal Mountain Resort & Spa
- Buy one, Get one Float Tube down the Lower Platte River at The Honor Trading Post
- Buy one, Get one hour Kayak rental at Hanmer’s Riverside Resort & Livery
- Buy one, Get one Golf at Crystal Mountain Resort & Spa Betsie Valley Course
- 2 – 18 Holes with cart for $60 Golf at Champion Hill or Pinecroft Golf Course
About Benzie County
Benzie County has the reputation as “the best place in Michigan for Outdoor Sports & Recreation” and is located only 30 minutes west of Traverse City, Michigan. With quaint vacation towns and villages such as Frankfort, Elberta, Honor, Beulah and Benzonia, and majestic Crystal Lake, Benzie County is a perfect setting for a relaxed getaway. Benzie County has spectacular beaches, miles of biking and walking paths, views of Lake Michigan, and plenty of great restaurants and shops as well as attractions. Perfectly situated along the Sleeping Bear National Lakeshore, Benzie County, Michigan has nearly 30 miles of Lake Michigan coastline, 57 inland lakes, hills and valleys, 22 miles for biking along the Betsie Valley Trail, and approximately 200 miles of rivers. Outdoor activities in the spring, summer and fall include fishing, golfing, biking, hiking, running, and kayaking to name a few.