Take a canoe trip this Sunday with author Doc Fletcher


Doc Fletcher, author of a handful of canoeing/kayaking books on Michigan and Wisconsin rivers, will be speaking at my local library this weekend. I hope I get the chance to listen to him again because he's an engaging speaker who's particularly good at taking his audience along with him on his canoeing adventures.

Doc will be speaking at 2 p.m., Sunday at the Bedford Branch Library, 8575 Jackman Rd., in Temperance, Michigan. About a stone's throw north of Toledo, Ohio.

The topic will undoubtedly be his new book, "Paddling Michigan's Hidden Beauty." He'll be selling and signing that book along with his other titles -- “Weekend Canoeing in Michigan: The Rivers, The Towns, The Taverns,” “Michigan Rivers Less Paddled: The Rivers, The Towns, The Taverns” and “Canoeing and Kayaking Wisconsin: The Rivers, The Towns, The Taverns” -- after his one-hour presentation.

If I can make it Sunday, this will be the second time that I'll have had the chance to sit in on one of Doc's presentations. Here's a link to the post I did last year on his visit.

Check out Doc’s website at www.canoeingmichiganrivers.com