Detroit Camper & RV Show starts tomorrow!

Although lower Michigan has had about as mild a winter as I can remember, right about now is when my wanderlust kicks in and I start thinking in earnest about the coming camping season. Up to this point, most of my camping thoughts has been fleeting moments of "Honey, wouldn't it be nice if we were to go to ..." But now is when those random daydreams start finding solid footing. I take to the laptop and start researching potential destinations and campgrounds that could serve as a comfortable home base for those trips.

Not coincidentally, the RV shows are also scheduled this time of year.

One in particular, the 46th Annual Detroit Camper & RV Show, starts tomorrow at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi.

I'll be there! Will you?

If you're going, be sure to pick up your free copy of the 2012 edition of RV & Campsite magazine, which is published by the Michigan Association of Recreation Vehicles and Campgrounds. The fine folks at All Seasons Communications put it together. Take a look at the article beginning on page 45; it's a must read for every camper!