VIDEO: Winterizing the Camper


So the camper is winterized for the season. It, as always, is bittersweet.

On one hand, it's good to have that chore done. I take great satisfaction of keeping up on the maintenance of our camper. I always tell people buying the RV was my mid-life crisis. And I'm only half-joking when I say that. Besides being our cottage-on-wheels, the camper has been a great project for me to tinker with. Making modifications is only part of it. It's the whole idea of seeking out new destinations, and then a campground nearby, is half the fun. Then planning the menu; there's a lot of thought that goes into that! Even this blog is part of the adventure of RVing.

But, on the other hand, winterizing the camper only reminds me of how little we went camping this summer. In fact, we only camped twice. It's not that we didn't want to camp more often, we simply were too busy. Both boys played baseball from early April through most of July. That basically ate up every single weekend.Plus, my daughter, who's in high school and active in musicals, took part in a production of Godspell this summer as well. Not to mention three weddings and assorted other things that always seem to come up. Long story short, we were busy.

Next summer will be more of the same, I'm sure. We'll try to get out more often, and God willing we will. And if we do, then I'm glad I spent the last couple of Saturdays winterizing the camper.

By the way, if you'd like a comprehensive resource for winterizing your RV, consider the "Winterizing & Storing your RV" ebook by RV Education 101. It has a list of supplies needed and the steps to take for you to complete the project. Plus, being an ebook, it's downloaded instantly to your computer after you complete the transaction. No waiting, and no shipping and handling charges! Just click on the link and scroll down until you see the "Winterizing & Storing your RV" ebook!