Second Day of the Detroit Fall RV Show

The Trilogy 5th Wheel, a prototype on display. I will have a
video tour of this impressive camper in the near future.
Once again, it's late at night and I'm finally able to get to my computer.

Like yesterday, I spent three hours after work at the Detroit Fall Camper & RV Show. This time I started in the opposite direction and spent some quality time with some very impressive RVs.

Again, I took a bunch of HD video and talked with many people, both RV salespeople as well as campground owners, DNR officials and other RV people. I will pour through all my video as soon as I can and start posting it here, but it's going to be a day or two before I can really get to it.

In the meantime, here's another photo and my thoughts from Day Two:
  • There was a moderate crowd during the time I was at the show today. It's only a weekday, but the show is competing against some extremely good weather (sunny and unseasonably warm) and the Detroit Tigers playoff game tonight against the Yankees (Tigers up 3-2 as I write this, with the Yankees still threatening in the 7th).
  • One of the new features that caught my eye was a refrigerator that was accessible from both inside and outside the RV. The refrigerator was on a swivel, so it could face the outside and an access door and then with a simple quarter turn it opened into the business end of the toy hauler it was in.
  • Another new feature, although it wasn't on display, was a patio accessory. It was on the Open Range models, and essentially it was a wall that stowed upright for travel, then folded down to become a patio. Supports kept it about 3 feet off the ground. An awning extended over the top, significantly adding to the feature's appeal when Mother Nature decided rain was necessary.