The joke's on me!

That's me trying to get the last walk-up campsite
at our favorite state park campground this 4th of July weekend.
Turns out I was supposed to take this Friday, July 1, off of work so that we could go camping.

It's totally my fault. The Lovely & Talented Missus had not only talked to me about it, but also sent me an email with the days I should take off, and this one apparently slipped through the cracks.

Getting this Friday off shouldn't be terribly difficult. I may only be able to take half a day, but that's fine, too.

Now, getting a campsite on the Fourth of July weekend, with less than a week to go ... that'll be darn near impossible.

We, like many others, prefer state parks. But the two closest to us are, naturally, booked solid. There's walk-up sites that we'll try. Otherwise, it'll either be private campgrounds, the driveway or no camping at all.

Wish me luck!