Coming Soon: Spring Maintenance


Last spring my Uncle and I greased the wheel bearings on our campers. This spring it's my dad's turn to do that wonderfully messy job on his camper.

There's a number of other things we plan on doing, besides the normal cleaning out the water lines, washing the inside and out, etc. One of those is to finish with the rock guard mod. The exterior might need some re-caulking, but the inside is where it needs some work. It's not much, and I'll post something on this project later.

But it got me to thinking: what are some of the things others are planning on doing to their campers this spring to get them ready for the camping season?

As you can see from the photo, I've made a lot of mods to my RV.

Just kidding.
Author Avatar

My family (wife and three kids, sometimes the dog) and I have been RV campers since 2007. We own a 2000 Trail-Lite B22 Bantam hybrid, our tow vehicle is a 2006 Trailblazer LT EXT (5.3 V8 with 3.73 Rear Axle Ratio), and our setup includes the Equalizer sway controller. Looking to upgrade the camper in the near future, but until then we get out 2-3 times a month in season.