Day Two of the 2010 Fall Detroit Camper & RV Show


I'm sorry to report that I only spent a half hour at the RV show today. It couldn't be helped; my full time job needed me, and since they sign my paycheck I had to oblige.

But the 30 minutes I had at the show were extremely worthwhile.

About 90 minutes before the show opened to the public, I met John Monterusso of American RV in Grand Rapids inside Rock Financial Showplace. Specifically, I met him at the Monaco Diplomat motor home prominently featured in his dealership's display area. Without revealing too much, because I will have much more on this beautifully innovative RV in the very near future, the Diplomat features a slide-within-a-slide. Stay tuned for more on this incredible motor home.

Because I wasn't able to spend more time at the show today, the video I prepared is from the first day of the show. As I mentioned in the post from that day, I met up with members of the Motor City Winnies checking out the Winnebago motor homes in the General RV section.

I was talking with Bob Dunn in front of a Winnebago Journey diesel motor home, and as he was telling me about the Motor City Winnies club, he also mentioned that the motor home behind him was purchased earlier that day by two other members of the Motor City Winnies, Skip and Nancy Yates of Rochester Hills.

Skip and Nancy, of course, were inside their new motor home and greeting all who entered -- including me and my video camera.
Author Avatar

My family (wife and three kids, sometimes the dog) and I have been RV campers since 2007. We own a 2000 Trail-Lite B22 Bantam hybrid, our tow vehicle is a 2006 Trailblazer LT EXT (5.3 V8 with 3.73 Rear Axle Ratio), and our setup includes the Equalizer sway controller. Looking to upgrade the camper in the near future, but until then we get out 2-3 times a month in season.