Online Camping Fees

On my companion blog by the same name at www.rv.net, I recently posted about online camping reservations and the fees we must pay to use them.  I'm including a link to that post so people here can also read it.

In a nutshell: State park systems are losing money and staff; contracting campground reservation systems with third-party vendors are paid for by campground users; the two primary vendors are both owned by the same parent company. That's the overview, the details are best explained by reading how one state, Ohio, went about enacting its reservation system (which I do in the post).
Author Avatar

My family (wife and three kids, sometimes the dog) and I have been RV campers since 2007. We own a 2000 Trail-Lite B22 Bantam hybrid, our tow vehicle is a 2006 Trailblazer LT EXT (5.3 V8 with 3.73 Rear Axle Ratio), and our setup includes the Equalizer sway controller. Looking to upgrade the camper in the near future, but until then we get out 2-3 times a month in season.