Review: ZUS USB Car Charger by nonda + Discount Offer!



Recently I was given a product called the “ZUS” from nonda, a tech start-up company based in Palo Alto, Calif., that they wanted me to try out for a review I would share with you.

UPDATE: Use the code: ZUSROADTRIP for $5 off when you purchase the ZUS at http://www.nonda.co/products/nonda-zus-smart-car-charger. Promo ends May 15, 2016.

The people at nonda say the ZUS it’s “the world’s first truly smart car charger.” I say it's the best USB charger you'll ever own. (The video above is me talking about it, the video below is by nonda)
I’ll be honest; my first thought was “It’s a car charger. What’s the big deal?” It turns out it is a big deal. I truly didn’t expect to like it as much as I did, and primarily for the following reasons:
  • You can use it to charge two devices at the same time. 
  • It charges up to two times faster than normal car chargers 
  • You can use it to easily locate where you parked your car. Using a free App (iOS or Android), your smartphone will locate the ZUS via GPS, Bluetooth and Google Maps.
  • It seems to be made of quality, durable materials and will last a long time. In fact, nonda says the ZUS is “Military Grade Quality” and is the only car charger to meet U.S. Military MIL-STD-810G High Temperature Standard. (Temperature as high as 100ºC)
Put to the Test
We put the ZUS to a test to confirm its fast-charging claim when the family and I drove to New Your City not that long ago. The night before our trip, I purposefully let the battery completely drain on my iPhone. On the drive to New York the next day, we plugged my iPhone into one of the ZUS USB ports and my wife plugged her iPad into the other port. I also activated the Waze App on my iPhone. Waze is a highly recommended GPS-enabled routing App that’s also a big-time power-hog.

With all that going on, my iPhone charged to 100% battery level in about 40 minutes. That’s pretty good, and for that reason alone the ZUS is worth the $29.99 price tag.

Other features of the ZUS include:
  • Smart Device Detection knows whether you have an iPhone or an Android, and charges your phone appropriately.
  • ElegantShine Lighting System, providing ambient lighting for increased visibility in dark environments.
  • Engineered in Germany.
Don't take my word for it; feel free to read some of the reviews on Amazon where 77% of people gave it at least four stars (64% gave it 5 out of 5 stars).


TAG