Recently, Technomadia listed its picks for "iPhone & iPad App Essentials for RV Travel."
The selections are more than credible since Technomadia is the virtual home of Chris Dunphy and Cherie Ve Ard. The couple work as app developers and technology and strategy advisors, but also are full-time RVers since 2006.
|Chris Dunphy and Cherie Ve Ard|
They use the term "technomad" -- technology-enabled nomad -- to describe their lifestyle.
Their latest article highlights 18 iPhone and iPad Apps they deem essential for RV travel. Although, the title to this post probably gave that away.
"As Technomads, it should be no surprise that we are mobile technology lovers," they wrote. "We love our iPhones and iPads, and find them to be perfect companions for our full time travels."
Here's the highlights from their report, but you really should read the full article.
Apps for finding RV Parks & Campgrounds
- Camp & RV by Allstays – $9.99
- RV Park by RVParking.com – Free
- US Public Lands
- Passport America – Free
Apps for Navigating
- Google Maps by Google – Free
- Rand McNally GPS RV – $99.99
Stuff Along the Way
- GasBuddy by GasBuddy – Free
- RoadTrip by Darren Stone – $4.99
- Roadside America by This Exit – $2.99
Stuff Once You’re ‘There’
- Dark Sky by Jackadam – $3.99
- TideTrac by Rivolu Pte – $2.99
- Everplaces – Free
- Yelp – Free
- Coverage? by Two Steps Beyond – $2.99
- State Lines by Two Steps Beyond – $4.99
- RedBox – Free
- Find My Friends by Apple – Free