Workday dates, locations and times include:
- Saturday, Dec. 6: Highland Recreation Area (Oakland), 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 6: Waterloo Recreation Area (Jackson), 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 7: Highland Recreation Area (Oakland), 1-4 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 13: Bald Mountain Recreation Area (Oakland), 9 a.m.-noon
- Sunday, Dec. 14: Pinckney Recreation Area (Washtenaw), 1-4 p.m.
Volunteers should bring work gloves, drinking water and appropriate clothing for outdoor work, including long pants and sturdy, closed-toe shoes. For many winter sites, waterproof boots, either knee-high rubber boots or hip waders, are recommended to ensure dry feet. Rubber boots are available to borrow upon request and with advance notice. A limited supply is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
All volunteers are asked to register using the form available on the DNR website or via email. Any questions should be directed to Laurel Malvitz-Draper at 517-719-2285 or email@example.com.
For workday details, maps and directions, visit the DNR website at www.michigan.gov/dnrvolunteers and click the link Calendar of Volunteer Stewardship Workdays.