The DNR is proposing to develop a new campground in the park with 45 to 50 campsites with electric service, four camper cabins, three redesigned group camps with picnic shelters, and two new sanitation buildings.
The EAW is available online starting Sept. 29. Additional copies may be requested by calling 651-259-5157.
A copy of the EAW is available for public review at:
- DNR Library, 500 Lafayette Road, St. Paul, MN 55155.
- DNR Central Region Office, 1200 Warner Road, St. Paul, MN 55106.
- Hennepin County – Minneapolis Central Library, Government documents, 2nd floor, 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55401-1992.
- Rochester Public Library, Reference dept., 101 Second St. SE, Rochester, MN 55904.
- St. Charles Public Library, 125 W. 11th St., St. Charles, MN 55972.
- Plainview Public Library, 345 1st Ave. NW, Plainview, MN 55964.
The EAW notice will be published in the Sept. 29 EQB Monitor. Written comments on the EAW must be submitted no later than 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 29 to the attention of Ronald Wieland, EAW project manager, Environmental Policy and Review Unit, Ecological and Water Resources Division, DNR, 500 Lafayette Road, St. Paul, MN 55155-4025.
Electronic or email comments may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Whitewater EAW” in the subject line. If submitting comments electronically, include name and mailing address. Written comments may also be sent by fax to 651-296-1811.