Based on traveler research, the 2013 Ohio Travel Guide features more and significantly larger photos than the 2012 edition. "We found that while visitors like the way our guide is organized and the type of information it contains, they want to literally see more of the experiences that are described within the book," said Interim State Tourism Director Pat Barker. "The two-page picture spreads in this year's Travel Guide are visually stunning and allow us to share both Ohio's well-known and hidden-gem tourism experiences in a way that words just cannot convey."
- Editorial sections with large images to better showcase Ohio's travel destinations;
- Pull-out state map featuring locations for attractions;
- Ohio's Historical Anniversaries section including the War of 1812 Bicentennial and ongoing Civil War Sesquicentennial commemorations;
- Sports Ohio section highlighting national and international sporting events held in Ohio;
- More than 3,000 listings for destinations, attractions, lodging facilities, restaurants and more.
- Listings for nearly 800 festivals, shows, concerts and more from March through August 2013;
- 68-pages of full-color images with events color-coded by region;
- Calendar for each month listing holidays and advertiser driven events.
Free Ohio tourism materials may be requested 24-hours a day, seven days a week, from DiscoverOhio.com or 1-800-BUCKEYE (1-800-282-5393). For additional information, trained travel counselors are available at 1-800-BUCKEYE to assist callers weekdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and weekends from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.